Even though I've only been at the primary school here for two weeks, I have already learnt a lot and discovered new things.
It is quite normal for Austrian students to have a fire drill at least once a year. A slightly different thing is what I experienced here: an earthquake drill. I had never heard of that before. Okay, maybe an island in the middle of the ocean has a bigger risk of earthquakes than our beautiful Austria, but still I wouldn't have expected something like that. Nevertheless, I was grateful that the teachers told us about the drill in the morning because otherwise I wouldn't have known what to do. It went off like that: crawl under the desks - put your hands over your head and leave the building - standing lined up on the sports field. It was an interesting experience that I hopefully won't have to repeart in an emergency.
"The Greek way of life" is the personnel situation at our school. Almost a month after the beginning of the school there are still a few teachers missing, because the government works on that really slowly. Hence, the time table is not ready neither.
Today I was able to admire a very special event: the pairing of sixth year and first year students. The primary school is attended by children from six to twelve years and there are six classes. To establish a relation between the "old" and "new" students, they drew who would be paired with whom. Together they went outside then to play games to gain the trust of each other. For example the younger students had to lead the older (blindfolded) children through an obstacle course.
It doesn't matter if I'm at school, at home in the kitchen or out in the sea on the sailing boat, I never stop learning new things.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen