Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2016

Small steps

Yesterday we were on an excursion with our school. We just went to the nearby beach Daskalopetra. Reason for the excursion was that too few teachers were at school for normal classes. Like at the beginning I still struggle a lot with the language which provides the biggest barrier between me and the children. However, we've found a way to communicate without words or with just few words. All the more I enjoy when the children hug me or say "I love you" because they can't describe it any differently in English. The most pleasant part of this morning: the competing "massage studios" that the children opened up at the beach. Every few minutes a small child's hand grabbed me and they asked "Massage?". The weather on that day was also very interesting to me, because I had never really seen clouds on Chios.



Like the weather our mood at home was not the best. Why? Because on of our housemates was leaving us for a unspecified period of time. There is another hosting place on this island and for the past week there has only been one volunteer. Who will be when and where in the future will probably change a lot.

All in all there are good and bad moments, easy and difficult changes, but always new discoveries and progress.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen