Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2016

A new year

For the first time (even though I've already spent more than six months of my life abroad) I'm celebrating my birthday in another country - far away from my family. It is sad and exciting at the same time. Thanks to Whatsapp, Facebook & Co. I'm in contact with all of my loved ones but a virtual hug just can't compare to a real one. Nevertheless, I'm happy that I can celebrate with my new friends here in Greece.

Yesterday we spent our afternoon in the kitchen with chocolate, chocolate and even more chocolate. However, our oven only knows "On" and "Off", so the cake didn't turn out as expected. It was so thin, we couldn't cut it into two pieces and therefore decided to make just half a cake out of it. In the end it was really good and the appearance didn't matter at all.

Oreo praline


(Half a) Death by Chocolate



In the evening we went to a bar together. "Kafekouti" is apparently the only bar around here and not that cheap. But it offers a lovely view of Vrontados.




Many thanks to everyone who thought about me today. Your words, hugs and songs made my day. To a year of new experiences!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen