Samstag, 8. Oktober 2016

Chios City

This weekend we decided to go to the biggest city on Chios which is named after the island. What we noticed right away: the big collection of vintage cars on the main square. For me the replica of Herbie was the most interesting thing - just too cute!

  

The first thing we did was going to a supermarket where I found a real bargain: Oreo biscuits for just 7 cents. After a confirmation of her boss, the cashier really sold me the bicuits for the small price while laughing about the incident. Afterwards we just strolled through the streets, enjoyed some coffee and ice cream with the slightly exotic flavour mandarin.


 Then we went to Chios Castle which was actually just a big wall from where we could enjoy the view. For the first time I noticed how many refugees there are on Chios and in what condition they have to live in. That's difficult for them as well as for the inhabitants of Chios. The refugees are not allowed to leave the island. In Vrontados I didn't really take notice of that crisis.







Our next destination was a small café which is apparently a favourite of all the volunteers here. I fell in love immediately with the cute decoration.





We finished our adventurous day by sitting at Chios harbour and us girls started singing and sharing favourite songs there. Well, music is what connects people!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen