Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2016

Sign of life

I haven't posted anything in over a week now - partly because not a lot happened and partly because I didn't feel like it. But here it is: an update of my life here in Greece. Actually, it's only a summary of the three "highlights" of the past week. 

Last Friday night we went to a tavern because it was the beginning of the weekend and nobody felt up to cook. The most popular food here: Pita. It's really similar to a Kebap, a flat bread stuffed with meat, vegetables and fries (yes, fries as a stuffing and not as a side). Additionally, it's really, really cheap, so it's one of our favourite things to eat. The price is somewhere between 1,50€ and 2,00€. However, I didn't order that but decided to eat the cheese fries. I promise, next time I'll try something Greek.


On Saturday morning we went to the city. On weekends "in the morning" means taking a bus at 11.40am for us. Reason for our "early start in the day" was that the shops are only open until 2.30pm in the wintertime. The bus ride from Vrontados to Chios took about 20 minutes and the ticket was only 1,60€.





For about two hours we split into two groups, because everyone needed to buy something different. I was looking for birthday presents and a post office. But we also visited crafts stores and jewellery stores. Later we ate at a nice café/restaurant. The view of Chios' alleys was really nice and made our visit there even nicer and cozier.



Probably the most interesting information for everyone: the weather here. I can say that I've noticed it getting a lot cooler compared to when I first came here. We didn't go swimming for a few weeks now and the wind is getting stronger and stronger. The temperature is somewhere between 17° and 21° C. Despite the wind, I enjoy sitting outdoors and watching the ocean or losing myself in a good book. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen