Samstag, 1. Oktober 2016

Settling-in period

I've already been here for a few days now in this foreign country and slowly I'm getting used to this other rhythm. As I mentioned in my last blog post, I live in Vrontados on the island Chios. However, I haven't really seen much of the city yet because we live a little bit outside.

I live in a house with four other volunteers who are between 18-25 years old. They're from Germany and Italy. Together we are two girls and three guys. We cook together, talk and work. What I enjoy most about our house is the view of the ocean from our terrace where you can often find me with my e-reader.


Our work at the moment is divided into two tasks. In the mornings from 9.30am to 12.30am we help at a primary school and support the teachers there during their lessons, especially during PE lessons. On our way to school we have an amazing view. In the background you may be able to see a Turkish city, basically it's Asia. 


Between 5pm and 8pm we are working on computers in the working space in our house. We write articles for our website http://www.chiosradio.gr/. These we record, add music and upload them to our own radio station. We don't take the working time that seriously though because sometimes we have Greek lessons instead or go sailing.




Sometimes we go exploring the island in the evenings and enjoy Pita by the sea. On Thursday we were in the fishing village Lagkada and on Friday at the beach in Karfas.


A few days ago we visited one of the "sights" of Vrontados: Homer's stone. Apparently it's the place where the poet Homer spent time thinking about his newest stories.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen